Our School » PRMS History

PRMS History

Pieper Ranch Middle School is located approximately one mile west of Highway 281 off of Borgfeld Road in Bexar County. It is scheduled to open at the beginning of the 2018-19 school year thanks to Comal ISD voters overwhelmingly passing Bond 2015.

 

Prince Solms encouraged Germans to move to Texas and buy parcels of land in the Kinder Ranch area where many families now call home.

 

“Pieper’s Settlement” ultimately became known as a great place to raise a family. August Anton Pieper, who arrived in the area in 1845, was the first person to set down roots in the area alongside Cibolo Creek.

 

Pieper, of Hanover, Germany constructed a barn of rock and oak, and later built a two story stone house for himself, his wife Johanna, and their children. This house and his barn are still standing on this peice of land that today is referred to as “The Homestead.” Many people during this time period,traveling between New Braunfels and Fredericksburg, stopped at the Pieper home for a hot meal and advice on life in this new territory.

 

A hardworking, honest community flourished as a result of Pieper’s original vision.