Oct. 4, 2022 - Comal ISD will be hosting three flu shot clinics for students up to age 18 on the following dates and locations:
- 4-7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31, at the district’s Support Services Office, 1404 IH 35 North, New Braunfels;
- 4-7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 1, at Bill Brown Elementary School, 20410 Hwy. 46, Spring Branch;
- 4-7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 2, at Mountain Valley Elementary, 310 Cannan Rd., Canyon Lake.
Parents and guardians interested in having their students receive a flu shot, should register by Thursday, Oct. 27. All insurance policies will be verified. If paying out of pocket, complete the registration using “NA” in all insurance blanks.The cost for anyone without insurance from 6 months to 18 years of age is $10. The cost for anyone 19 to 64, is $25.
- Seasonal Flu Shot Vaccine Consent Form
- Texas Immunization Registry Consent Form
- Spanish Seasonal Flu Shot Vaccine Consent Form
Why get a flu shot?
- To help prevent illness, medical visits, hospitalizations and school absences.
What can you do to avoid getting sick this fall?
- Eat a balanced diet, including fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise regularly and get a good night’s sleep.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes.
- Wash your hands frequently.